Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy can alleviate symptoms of general depression, according to recent studies. Since depression is a common side effect for individuals afflicted with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias, aromatherapy therapy will be helpful for their emotional well-being. Aromatherapy and essential oils can also alleviate anxiety, which eventually increases the quality of sleep. Research done by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy indicates that untroubled sleep is essential for patients with Alzheimer's disease, as unrest will increase the protein associated with the disease. Memory loss agitation is also one of the toughest symptoms to treat. Latest experiments have shown that many essential oils — including lavender, bergamot, and lemon — can help patients relax. The oils suppress violence and frustration.
Essential Oil Recommendations
- Lavender is synonymous with calmness — it can relieve anxiety and reduce emotional instability. Lavender can be utilised as a massage oil, sprinkling it on your bed sheets, or just inhaling the aroma when under tension.
- Peppermint is an invigorating fragrance that is used to relax the subconscious. It is recommended to be used in the morning with a diffuser. Furthermore, the topical application of peppermint oil has antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-fungal and analgesic effects.
- Close to peppermint, rosemary gives an inspiring, revitalizing fragrance that refreshes the brain. Rosemary can also enhance intellectual function and memory.
- Bergamot is a citrus oil that serves to improve the senses. Using this oil to relieve fatigue, restlessness, and anxiety. Try placing drops of bergamot essential oil in a wash, using it as a soothing oil or as a dressing water.
- Lemon oil is one of the most expensive basic oils, but also one of the most effective and well-studied. It can increase comfort, enhance memory and relieve indigestion.
Follow the recommendations to help improve the welfare and well-being of any elderly person suffering from dementia. While they may not directly cure dementia, essential oils will ease the emotional pain of dementia patients. Even if they cannot be cured, at least they will not live the rest of their lives in suffering.
Want to read more like this? Check out similar posts below: