Please note that only limited stock is available.
The production lead time is around 1 - 2 weeks.
Enhance any mood or ambience with this essential oil-infused beeswax candle: the ultimate enjoyment of natural luxury.
- 100% natural edible beeswax. No chemical treatment processing.
- Environmentally friendly, biodegradable, safe, and non-toxic.
- Releases negative ions to purify and improve air quality when burned, making it hypoallergenic.
- Burns clean with little smoke as beeswax is not oil-based.
- Beeswax has a high melting point which allows a significantly longer burn time and little drip.
All HYSSES candles are hand-poured and made with 100% pure beeswax, 100% undiluted premium essential oils, non-toxic no-lead cotton wicks (for 100g & 200g), and pure rosewood-wood wicks (for 650g).
Enjoy the citrusy tanginess of lemongrass with a tinge of ginger for a spicy aroma that warms the home.
Ginger: Described as a warm, stimulating oil, Ginger’s fresh-woody spicy warm odour helps in increasing determination and concentration as it soothes and reduces feelings of stress, anxiety, lethargy, and fatigue.
Lemongrass: A yellow oil with a very strong, lemony-fresh, herbaceous odour, Lemongrass is a popular choice for air diffusion and it fights against mosquitoes. Similar to Citronella, it contains volatile anti-mosquito components like Citronellal, which helps to cover up scents emitted by the human body that mosquitoes are attracted to. The refreshing, and energising scent helps in mental concentration and alleviates stress. The antiseptic properties enhance Lemongrass' position as an excellent choice as a disinfectant air diffuser.
Benefits of beeswax
Beeswax is the only form of natural wax that does not undergo chemical processing. Paraffin wax is petroleum-based and a by-product of crude oil. Although soy and palm wax is derived from vegetable matter, both have to be processed to obtain wax.
Benefits of pure rosewood-wood wicks
- Wood wicks tend to burn slower compared to other kinds of wicks, making candles have a slightly longer lifespan.
- Wood wicks produce a soft and subtle crackle sound after lighting up, reminiscing the sound of a bonfire.
- Wood wicks diffuse more heat into the wax, hence pushing up more scent throw into the area. It will achieve a more evenly burn over time.
- Our wood wicks are pure rosewood harvested with sustainable forestry methods. Wood is also renewable and biodegradable.
Benefits of cotton wicks
We use 100% no-lead cotton wax that is non-toxic and provides a clean burn.
- Caring for your candle
Always place the candle on surfaces that are fire-resistant, and keep the candle away from flammable material. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Trim Your Wicks
Prior to lighting, make sure that the wicks are not more than 5mm in length. Wicks that are too long or untrimmed may cause smoking and produce candle soot. We use 100% cotton, lead-free wicks.
A melt pool
For the first initial burn, always allow the candle to burn until the melted wax reaches the edges of the candle jar. This will establish a full melt pool to allow maximum scent throw and to prevent candle tunnelling.
Avoid using the candle in drafty areas such as an open window, or in front of a fan. Unstable wind conditions can cause a candle to smoke.
Candles should not be burned for more than four hours at a time. It is recommended that after burning for four hours, candles should be allowed to cool for two hours, and trimmed before lighting.
When To Stop
Discontinue burning when the candle has less than 5mm of was at the bottom. The glass is vulnerable to heat and could crack or break if there isn't enough wax to absorb the heat.
To Extinguish The Candle
To extinguish the flame, avoid blowing out the flame as the smell of a blown-out candle can ruin the aromatic atmosphere. Simply place the lid as a smokeless snuffer. This also prevents further evaporation of the essential oils.
- Cera alba (Beeswax), Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) oil, Syzygium aromaticum (clove) oil, Citrus limon (lemon) oil, Zingiber officinale (Ginger) oil, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool
(Ecocert) - Ecocert/Cosmos certified ingredient
* - Natural components of essential oil
✕ no toxins and carcinogens
✕ no SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate)
✕ no parabens
✕ no silicones or paraffins
✕ no petrochemicals
✕ no artificial colours
✕ no synthetic fragrances
✕ no animal testing!
Steam-distilled lemongrass from Thailand and steam-distilled Ginger from India
Beeswax Candle in a glass vessel
The average burning times for the candles are as followed.
100g (2 cotton wicks): 8 to 10 hours
200g (3 cotton wicks): 30 to 33 hours
650g (3 rosewood-wood wicks): 45 to 48 hours
For optimal burn, clean off any charred wood from the previous use.
It is normal that the flame height may vary at times, sometimes appearing to self-extinguish. Even if you are experiencing a low flame, it will continue to heat and the flame height should return. If you noticed any smudges on the candle surface, it can be easily cleaned with a soft cloth.
100g, 200g, or 650g